Tuesday 31 March 2015

Would you buy a second-hand car from ...

Would you buy a second-hand car from any of the self-serving, venal politicians who are now free to strut upon the stage for the next few weeks? I think I would prefer to walk. I don't know whether distance lends disenchantment to the view but the whole sordid mess of UK politics leaves me feeling distinctly nauseous. I wonder whether some of the principled politicians of old, on both sides of the political spectrum, are metaphorically turning in their graves.

Cameron, Clegg and Miliband all seem cast out of the same, loathsome mould - and as far as Farage and that b****y woman in Scotland are concerned, words fail me. They rant and backstab, and threaten and promise and lie ... whatever happened to principles and judgement? And as for the neutral, unbiased coverage from the BBC, it leans so far to the left that I wonder whether the emperor was wearing clothes.

A sorry mess, especially seen from afar. Cyprus, and we are once again removed from the politics of the island as we cannot vote, is a cesspit and has been for years. Their excuse is, of course, that they are an incredibly young democracy, and in the grip of the unions. I suspect that the Cypriot equivalent of Margaret Thatcher is unlikely to come galloping to the rescue and that this lovely place will always have its warts on show. But, for the life of me, I know which country I prefer.

Socks and sweaters are just about banished to the back of the wardrobe and - with the sun on my back - I can almost put up with anything. We might well be in the market for a new television as it is "impossible to call" which of us will put our boot through the screen in the weeks leading up to the General Election. I suppose the obvious answer is to stop watching the BBC News.

No comments:

Post a Comment