Sunday 1 March 2015

Only another 364 days until ...

What a birthday celebration ... at home, with friends, and an epic curry from my darling wife. There are times when I don't appreciate how lucky I am, and how lucky Ann and I are. I must admit I have had some lovely birthdays in the last twelve years and this was one of them. And the best news is that Ann's curry will stretch to tonight and - if I am very good - some of her homemade guacamole.

The weather is warming up and we are looking forward to banishing shoes, socks, long trousers, sweaters and jackets to the wardrobe until the end of October. The beachcomber look is bound to be all the rage in Polis this year.

Sad to see the French beaten yesterday (how can a team with so many talented players be so badly coached by ex-players who were so exciting and adventurous in their day?) by the Welsh. I never like to see the Welsh win (like many Englishman I am still bruised by memories of the 1970s). Great for the Italians that they recorded another victory in the Six Nations, and - for the perfect weekend - an English victory in Dublin.

English cricket ... words fail me ... try picking the best eleven players without politics in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment