Saturday 10 October 2015

In praise of Paphos Hospital ...

Home Sweet Home and all is well. Treatment was 100% successful and the whole hospital experience (apart from the food) was first class. I did have to spend a night there so that I could be monitored and monitored I was, which was initially disappointing, but it seems this is very much part of the "belt and braces" approach there.

The hospital is often denigrated (underfunded, and overwhelmed by demand), and one of my friends here did have a very poor experience some time ago. But I have to say that I found the staff very professional, the I.C.U. ward was constantly being cleaned and sanitised (although that may not be the case everywhere in the hospital) and - apart from the food (Did I mention the food?) - there was nothing to complain about in the slightest.

A random thought, however. I wonder what the criteria are for student doctors there. When the consultant cardiologist made his rounds, he had a retinue of students in his wake. The students looked as if they had just come from central casting - almost all young women and absolutely stunning. It made my day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment