Thursday 8 March 2018

Don't fall over here ...

Everywhere in Cyprus is so hard, be it marble floors in the house, patios and terraces, or the rock-hard earth. So don't fall over as I did on Tuesday night. I was walking Daisy round the garden when I lost my footing and fell. And boy - did I land heavily?

Ann made valiant efforts to help me up but in the end we had to call an ambulance. A lot of people criticise the health services here but the ambulance crew were brilliant. Hospital and an X-ray, a pain-killing injection, various tests - the bottom line is that if my ribs are bruised, cracked or broken, the treatment is the same. We return to the hospital today for more X-rays and hopefully some stronger pain relief.

The builders and Savvas had a major row by telephone last night and we wait to see whether they return to do what they were contracted to do. If they do, it will be a noisy few days. If they don't, no doubt a third company will be engaged. I must admit we are heartily fed up with the noise and the disruption, so we hope that it will be all worth it in the end.

So the sun is shining, the sky is blue and winter seems to have retreated. The dust that has been very noticeable over Cyprus for a few days, and which has made breathing difficult at times, is apparently due to clear today. That will be a welcome relief. Happy Days ...

No comments:

Post a Comment