Wednesday 5 August 2015

The Untimely Passing of a Good Friend ...

Regular readers of my blog will have seen a number of references to my good friend Dave from Peristerona. Ann and I attended his 65th birthday party at the beginning of last week and I met him at Gracie Towers a few days ago for a couple of beers with David. We were shocked and appalled to read this morning that he was killed in an accident on his way home last night, when he was apparently in collision with a tractor.

After visiting the Police Station at Polis to confirm that it was indeed our friend who had died, we learned that the police had not been able to trace his wife, Pam, who was visiting the UK. We took the difficult decision to telephone her to break the tragic news, reasoning that it was better to hear the news from friends rather than the police.

Pam and her daughters return on Friday evening on the first flight they could get, and I am picking them up from the airport. Not sure I shall blog much in the near future as Ann and I are both devastated.

R.I.P. my friend

No comments:

Post a Comment